I am becoming less and less concerned about tangible things in my life. A minimalist, I am not…yet. My wife and I are certainly heading down that direction of our yellow-brick road. However, I still want “stuff” for Christmas!
So, if I don’t want tangible things, what do I want for the 12 days leading to Christmas this year? I’m glad you asked. I want:
- currency that is not “funny money“,
- the practice of switching back and forth between standard and daylight savings time to go away (it’s just plain unnecessary in 2012),
- a conscience that’s just a little more forgiving of me,
- to live in a city that’s not completely corrupt and a county that’s not completely broke,
- whole foods stores/markets within reasonable reach,
- game developers to focus more on co-op multi-player than deathmatch/PVP,
- a house that has less…right angles (you heard me),
- financial freedom,
- more chance to enjoy nature,
- deeper, engaging stories in single-player games,
- better chances to show my wife I care,
- and less worries about safety by moving away from the 2nd highest rated city in the country for violent crime (per capita).